John Komorowski, CBO
Chief Building Official available in house by appointment for meetings & questions regarding plan review Monday-Friday, 8-4:00. Click here for staff contacts.
Office open 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. No weekend inspections. No photos in lieu of inspections.
|Department Fax Number|
Before you dig, call JULIE at 811 or 1-800-892-0123, or click here to process a JULIE E-Request.
Current Building Codes
2018 IBC - International Building Code
2018 IRC - International Residential Code
2018 IMC - International Mechanical Code
2018 IFGC - International Fuel Gas Code
2018 IPMC - International Property Maintenance Code
2015 IECC - Illinois Energy Conservation Code
2014 IL State Plumbing Code - IDNR WaterSense Amendment Only
2017 NEC - National Electrical Code
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
- Building Department Amendments: Municipal Code 8-1-6, Additional Building Regulations
- Local Fire Code information can be obtained directly from the Troy Fire Protection District.
- Per Village Ordinance 15-1790, approved by IDPH, and affective October 1, 2015, all new plumbing fixtures and irrigation controllers shall bear the WaterSense label (as designated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Program), when such labeled fixtures are available.
Permits and Inspections
- Forms and Applications (including handouts/guidelines)
- The Village of Shorewood currently uses HR Green for residential new construction, additions and non-residential permit reviews. Call the Division for details and questions regarding the review process.
- Allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for first reviews and one (1) week for subsequent reviews.
- Inspections require a 24-48 hour notice (to better ensure availability), 72 hours for final occupancy inspections.
- Troy Fire Protection District Plan Submittal Form, submit directly to the Fire Department for commercial/industrial projects.
- Will County Health Department, submit directly to the Health Department for commercial kitchen and food preparation area review.