Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 (No weekend inspections available)
Inspections: email@example.com or 815-553-2309
Contractor's Registrations: 815-553-2305
Department Phone: 815-553-2310
OUTSIDE FLAT WORK IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE POURED JANUARY 1st - APRIL 1st. (Walks, Patios, Driveways, Slabs, etc.)
CONCRETE INSPECTIONS & POURS will only be allowed when air temperature is GREATER than (40°) DEGREES Fahrenheit for MORE THAN 12 HOURS. Inspectors will be checking daily weather reports.
Cold Weather Concrete Requirements
Before you dig, call JULIE at 811 or 1-800-892-0123, or click here to process a JULIE E-Request.
Click here for staff contacts.
Current Building Codes
2018 IBC - International Building Code
2018 IRC - International Residential Code
2018 IMC - International Mechanical Code
2018 IFGC - International Fuel Gas Code
2018 IPMC - International Property Maintenance Code
2015 IECC - Illinois Energy Conservation Code
2014 IL State Plumbing Code - IDNR WaterSense Amendment Only
2017 NEC - National Electrical Code
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
- Building Department Amendments: Municipal Code 8-1-6, Additional Building Regulations
- Local Fire Code information can be obtained directly from the Troy Fire Protection District.
- Per Village Ordinance 15-1790, approved by IDPH, and affective October 1, 2015, all new plumbing fixtures and irrigation controllers shall bear the WaterSense label (as designated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Program), when such labeled fixtures are available.
Permits and Inspections
- Forms and Applications (including handouts/guidelines)
- Allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for first reviews and one (1) week for subsequent reviews.
- Inspections require a 24-48 hour notice (to better ensure availability), 72 hours for final occupancy inspections.
- Troy Fire Protection District Plan Submittal Form, submit directly to the Fire Department for commercial/industrial projects.
- Will County Health Department, submit directly to the Health Department for commercial kitchen and food preparation area review.