Contact Information - Monday-Friday, 8-4:30
COVID-19 Message: It is our intention to process items in a timely manner, while also limiting the number of people in the office, so please be patient during this pandemic and start of the “busy season.” Also, please coordinate with your contractors/project managers so that staff is not receiving more contact than necessary so requests can be processed as quickly as possible.
APPLICATIONS: Please submit permit applications/questions to email@example.com, via mail or in person during business hours. Be sure applications include ALL supporting documents on the checklist (in 1 submittal) since incomplete submittals WILL extent permit turnaround. Currently, permit turnaround is a minimum of 10 BUSINESS days. Once a permit is approved for release, staff will make contact to advise and ask how payment will be made. Payment can be made via US mail, in person during business hours (M-F, 8-4:30) or over the phone. We accept all forms of payment, although credit/debit will have an additional service fee from the payment processor.
INSPECTIONS: Please submit inspection requests and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at 815-553-2309. A minimum of 24-48 advanced notice is required to ensure your request is received and the time frame is available. Inspectors are in the office and checking daily M-F.
Forms and Applications here
Submit Permits or Contractor Registrations: email@example.com
Submit Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-553-2309 (not available on weekends)
Department Phone: 815-553-2310
Before you dig, call JULIE at 811 or 1-800-892-0123, or click here to process a JULIE E-Request. Staff
Current Building Codes
2018 IBC - International Building Code
2018 IRC - International Residential Code
2018 IMC - International Mechanical Code
2018 IFGC - International Fuel Gas Code
2018 IPMC - International Property Maintenance Code
2018 IECC - Illinois Energy Conservation Code
2014 IL State Plumbing Code - IDNR WaterSense Amendment Only
2017 NEC - National Electrical Code
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
- Building Department Amendments: Municipal Code 8-1-6, Additional Building Regulations
- Local Fire Code information can be obtained directly from the Troy Fire Protection District.
- Per Village Ordinance 15-1790, approved by IDPH, and affective October 1, 2015, all new plumbing fixtures and irrigation controllers shall bear the WaterSense label (as designated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Program), when such labeled fixtures are available.
Permits and Inspections
- Forms and Applications (including handouts/guidelines)
- Allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for first reviews and one (1) week for subsequent reviews.
- Inspections require a 24-48 hour notice (to better ensure availability), 72 hours for final occupancy inspections.
- Troy Fire Protection District Plan Submittal Form, submit directly to the Fire Department for commercial/industrial projects.
- Will County Health Department, submit directly to the Health Department for commercial kitchen and food preparation area review.