Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Updates
The State of Illinois is now in Phase 5.
Please see the linked information below for more details.
Governor Pritzker's press release.
Phase 5 Guidelines.
Village Services - Village Hall is open with regular business hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Calls can be made to the Village Main Line as well as each department.
Face masks are welcomed and encouraged within Village facilities.
Shorewood Businesses – Our business community is still in need of your support! These are the businesses that have sponsored or provided donations to local social, civic and youth organizations for years. Click HERE for a list of new businesses as well as business updates.
Schools – Check individual school websites for detailed information about closures, meal programs and in-person & e-learning opportunities. In-Home and Day Care Centers are allowed to be open following State Guidance.
Utilities: In addition to the utilities listed below, The National Digital Inclusion Alliance has compiled information on providers and programs offering free or low-cost broadband.
Village of Shorewood Water Billing - The Village is fully transitioned back to normal billing practices. For questions regarding your account or for information on a payment plan, please call 815-207-4631
ComEd - Click HERE for Assistance Programs
Nicor -Click HERE for Energy Assistance Programs
COVID-19 Information and Resources
State of Illinois Updates – Governor Pritzker created a website to centralize the state’s evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The website includes news, prevention information, preparation efforts, FAQs, resources and more information about coronavirus. Stay informed at coronavirus.illinois.gov.
COVID-19 Testing Sites- Click HERE
- Testing is also available at Shorewood Emediate Cure Quick Care - Click HERE for more information
COVID-19 Vaccine Locations and Eligibility
Will County COVID-19 Contact Tracing - The Will County Health Department has announced they have begun a process of "Contact Tracing" in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This process is being conducted by members of the WCHD staff and entirely handled by phone. Click HERE for complete information.
Will County COVID-19 Response Website - this website combines multiple sources of information for Will County serving as a hub for Will County information during the pandemic. Stay informed at c19-willcountygis.hub.arcgis.com.
Public Health Resources: The following resources are provided for guidance related to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are experiencing symptoms, click HERE.
Will County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution and Safety Information - Click HERE
Business Assistance Resources and Guidance – We have compiled a list of Available Resources for businesses that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to sharing the available support services, we have also created a list of Business Updates. Contact Kelley Chrisse at (815) 741-7708 or firstname.lastname@example.org to add or update your business information. This list is shared with the community via e-blasts and on social media. Be sure that your business information is updated.
Unemployment Benefits - Unemployment benefits may be available to some individuals whose unemployment is attributable to COVID-19. Information about filing for unemployment can be found HERE.
- Coronavirus Community Resource Guide has been published by Representative Underwood that provides local, state, and federal resources, which is available HERE.
- Guide for Consumers Struggling to Repay their Debts has been published by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation that includes a summary of major relief options for debts such as mortgagesa and student loans, which is available HERE.
- United Way of Will County:
- Will County Senior Services - For assistance with food, medicine, household supplies and transportation for Will County Seniors, contact (815) 723-9713 or visit them ONLINE
- Will County Domestic Violence & Social Services Resources - For Hotline services, shelters, and more click HERE
- IDPH Available Services for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assult Survivors
- Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline - For those whose residence is or becomes an unsafe place please call: 1-877-863-6338