Contact Information - Monday-Friday, 8-4:30
Submit Permits or Contractor Registrations: email@example.com
Submit Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-553-2309 (not available on weekends)
APPLICATIONS (here): Please submit permit applications/questions to email@example.com, via mail, in person or via our drive-up water payment drop box at the end of the landscaping island on the back side of the building (Attn: Building Department). Be sure applications include ALL supporting documents on the checklist (in 1 submittal) since incomplete submittals WILL extent permit turnaround. Currently, permit turnaround is a minimum of 10 BUSINESS days. Once a permit is approved for release, staff will make contact to advise. Payment can be made via US mail, our drive-up water payment drop box on the back side of the building in the middle island (Attn: Building Department) or over the phone when staff is available to contact you (service fees apply from payment processor). Permits and receipts will then be emailed and mailed back to the applicant.
INSPECTIONS: Please submit inspection requests and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at 815-553-2309. A minimum of 24-48 advanced notice is required to ensure your request is received and the time frame is available. Inspections are checked daily M-F.
Before you dig, call JULIE at 811 or 1-800-892-0123, or click here to process a JULIE E-Request. Staff
Current Building Codes
2018 IBC - International Building Code
2018 IRC - International Residential Code
2018 IMC - International Mechanical Code
2018 IFGC - International Fuel Gas Code
2018 IPMC - International Property Maintenance Code
2018 IECC - Illinois Energy Conservation Code
2014 IL State Plumbing Code - IDNR WaterSense Amendment Only
2017 NEC - National Electrical Code
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
- Building Department Amendments: Municipal Code 8-1-5-B, Additional Building Regulations
- Local Fire Code information can be obtained directly from the Troy Fire Protection District.
- Per Village Ordinance 15-1790, approved by IDPH, and affective October 1, 2015, all new plumbing fixtures and irrigation controllers shall bear the WaterSense label (as designated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Program), when such labeled fixtures are available.
Permits and Inspections
- Forms and Applications (including handouts/guidelines)
- Allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for first reviews and one (1) week for subsequent reviews.
- Inspections require a 24-48 hour notice (to better ensure availability), 72 hours for final occupancy inspections.
- Troy Fire Protection District Plan Submittal Form, submit directly to the Fire Department for commercial/industrial projects.
- Will County Health Department, submit directly to the Health Department for commercial kitchen and food preparation area review.