Code Enforcement Department
Welcome to the Code Enforcement Department for the Village of Shorewood. This department is responsible for enforcing building codes, zoning codes and other municipal ordinances adopted for the safety, health and well-being of the public. Enforcement Inspectors are part of a problem-solving team that informs property owners of violations and uses their knowledge and experience to help find solutions to compliance issues. The goal of the Code Enforcement Department is to build relationships with the community to support safe and healthy living and working conditions. Enforcement Inspectors patrol residential and commercial zones, follow-up on concerns from residents, homeowner associations and area businesses and identify code compliance issues to provide a positive impact on the property values and image of our community.
Code Enforcement Inspectors
Patrick Lambert (SOUTH of Rt 52/W Jefferson St)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Line: 815-553-2307
Fred Gonzalez (NORTH of Rt 52/W Jefferson St)
Email: email@example.com Direct Line: 815-553-0574
This Department Regulates:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive, and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Construction site maintenance and hours
- Exterior building maintenance
- Failure to obtain business licenses or contractor's registrations
- Failure to obtain permits
- Garbage nuissances
- High weeds and grass
- Parking of recreational vehicles and trailers
- Property maintenance
- Temporary signage
- Bulk (large) Item Removal / Recycling - Large items that need to be disposed of (i.e. couches, small tables, mattresses, chairs, etc.) can be scheduled directly with Waste Management at 800-796-9696 for a bulk item pick up. Residents are allowed 1 scheduled bulk item pick up per week, but there are restrictions on items for collection. Details can be obtained by calling or visiting the Waste Management website. Village of Shorewood residents are also included in an at your door program for home-generated special material disposal and recycling (i.e. certain automotive products, garden chemicals, paint products, household cleaners, electronics, mercury containing items and sharps/needles/lancets). Residents can obtain details and schedule pickups at WMATYOURDOOR.COM, by calling 800-449-7587 or by emailing ATYOURDOOR@WM.COM. For a directory of drop off locations for various items visit www.willcountygreen.com.