Current Weather loading…

Building Permit Applications & Submittal Requirements

 Submittal Email:

Cell Tower & Equipment ApplicationFor new installations or modifications to existing cell towers/equipment
Commercial ApplicationFor ALL commercial businesses: prior to occupying any space (occupancy only with no work) OR beginning any remodeling (current tenant remodel OR new tenant build-out).  This application includes any property owners preparing a space for future tenantsMust also complete the Business License & Registration Application listed below.
Commercial New Construction ApplicationFor new construction of a commercial building.
Contractor's Registration ApplicationFor all contractors working within the Village of Shorewood.

Deck, Covered Porch, Pergola, Gazebo Application & Guidelines

For residential decks, covered (open) porches, pergolas, and gazebos.

Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide.  American Forest & Paper Association, Inc.

Simpson Strong Tie Deck Guide.

Demolition Application For commercial and residential demolition of buildings.
Detached Garage ApplicationFor residential detached garages.
Fence ApplicationFor residential permanent fencing including new fencing and replacement of existing fencing (any post replacement or panel replacements exceeding 12 linear feet).

Lawn Sprinkler Application

For all irrigation system installations.

Information on the consultant BSI Online that monitors backflow reporting.

Annual notification to BSI that an irrigation system will not be used.

Mobile Home Construction Application


New Home Construction Application - Residential

For residential new construction buildings and additions.

Guidelines for residential construction inspections and required submittals.


Refuse Contractor's Registration ApplicationFor refuse / disposal contractors only.
Request for Release of (Cash) Bond FormFor the request of the release of cash bonds posted for incomplete exterior work on new construction due to weather conditions (refund).

Residential Remodeling Application (SEE USES →)

For exterior and interior residential work, including but not limited to, roofing, siding, windows, exterior doors, flag poles, public or service walks (any material), patios (any material), built-in fire pits, slabs, permanent basketball hoops, HVAC, mechanical equipment, retaining and landscaping walls over 24", columns/pillars, seatwalls, underground gas / underground electrical lines, electrical outlet additions, grill enclosures, stoops, grading, sewer/water repair, generators, water heaters, driveways (any material), driveway ribbons (any material), blacktop/sealcoating, 3/4 season rooms, hot tubs/saunas/spas, water/fire features, interior remodeling (excluding countertops, cabinets, flooring, trim, fixture changes, tiling), room additions, basement remodels, accessory structures (other than sheds), etc.
Shed Application & GuidelinesFor residential storage sheds, pre-manufactured or stick-built.
Sign Permit Application - PermanentFor installation of building mounted, awning, directional, and monument style permament signs.
Sign Permit Application - TemporaryFor all temporary signs, banners, flags, and grand opening balloons.

Swimming Pool Application & Guidelines

For above & in ground residential swimming pools.

US Consumer Product Safety Commission's Safety Barrier Guidelines.